Monday, May 18, 2015

style crush: blake lively

source

So two weeks ago my husband and I went on a little date to see Age of Adaline. I think my crush on the star of that film, Blake Lively, began somewhere around the time she married Ryan Reynolds. I think they're adorable. I have little to no experience with Blake as an actress, because I never really watched Gossip Girl and I was a much bigger fan of Lena in the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants saga. I think the majority of Blake's career has kind of slipped past my radar. But there was something about the Adaline story and character arc that I couldn't wait to see. I knew Blake would rock it, because she has this natural knack for ethereal beauty and transcendent style. While watching the movie, I totally believed that she had been living eternally youthful for decades. I could hear it in her voice and sense it in the way she carried herself. I thought the movie was stunning and I honestly can't wait to see it again. Granted, it has its flaws - a hefty handful of them. But the clothes, the timelines, the love stories. I'm all about them and am now all about Blake Lively.




source

























As much as I love the style of the titular Adaline in Age of Adaline, Blake Lively's real life red carpet and street styles are always gorgeous as well. Last year she created the website Preserve, which is a digital magazine and one of a kind shop filled with handmade items all chosen by Blake. I'm personally obsessed with these hand-painted vintage boyfriend jeans after seeing them on her Instagram (here and here), and it's pretty fun to dare my future self to spend the $500 necessary to buy a pair of them. (Spoiler alert: my future self never does). I'm starting to wonder if I could find a way to DIY them...

While the site has high-priced clothes for men, women and children alike, it also has a whole "under $50" section and a pretty wide variety of price points. Either way, it's a site that's full of inspiration and I love her more for it.

Blake also had the most fantastic maternity style of anyone I've ever seen.



source
source









source


So without any further ado, proceed to swoon over Blake's beautiful clothes and have a very happy Monday. And if you haven't already, indulge in a weeknight viewing of Age of Adaline, because it's fun and sweet and quite sincerely lovely.



source
source / shop the coat
source
source 


source
source
source



source






No comments:

Post a Comment