Wednesday, February 12, 2014

the night that changed america

banner
"friends" print
submarine tea infuser
iphone case
t-shirt
coffee mug
necklace
"the love" print
minimalist print set

On Sunday night, CBS aired a special called "The Night That Changed America". It was a feature celebrating the 50th anniversary of the first US appearance by The Beatles, on the Ed Sullivan show.
Dusty and I watched it with another couple at our place, and I was so moved by it.
What an incredible legacy.

The Beatles have long been my favorite band, thanks to the ever-present oldies influence of my dad and his love for music. Paul is my favorite Beatle, although now that I think about it, that's probably because he was always my dad's favorite. I don't mind inheriting something like that - a legacy of love for game-changing music. Beatlemania. 

Throughout the evening I laughed and I cried, and I remembered anew all the wonderful years of Beatles music in my life.
I put a little collection together of Beatles-inspired art and accessories above, because they were and always will be the young adorable Brits that came and changed American music (and American hearts) forever.

I actually own "the love" print above by Mae Chevrette, and it's one of my favorite things that hangs on our walls. I have several of her prints, and I'd highly recommend her art!

If you didn't get a chance to watch the special (what, are you crazy?) you're in luck! They're re-airing it TONIGHT at 8:30/7:30c. It'll be worth it to tune in for some Beatles history (and adorable throwback videos/photos) and especially for the musical guests, my favorites being Ed Sheeran with "In My Life" and John Legend/Alicia Keys with "Let It Be". I also loved Dave Grohl, Maroon 5, Imagine Dragons, and, of course, the living Beatles themselves -- Paul and Ringo, who still have such a tangible love for music and performance.

You won't want to miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment