Wednesday, January 15, 2014

style crush: michelle dockery

source: popsugar

Everyone has their celebrity crushes. My husband has a man-crush on Will Smith, and I think it's safe to say I have a girl-crush on Rachel McAdams.
It's a strange kind of sub-human relationship, because celebrities are these distant, in-space characters that we oddly personalize, filling in the gaps of what we don't know (often with things we love or hate about characters they've played), while also treating them less like real people and more like objects or toys.

That fact aside, my admiration/appreciation/infatuation with stars has never (I hope) reached an unhealthy level (except for the years of the Orlando Bloom posters -- but I'm going to accept that as part of every young girl's adolescent flaws).
There are some stars I love for very normal reasons, like style and overall cuteness.
Michelle Dockery is one such star.

theladydockers Instagram: 1/2/3/4/5/6

Her sheep and reindeer sweaters alone make me want to hang out with her all the time.

To me, she's also Lady Mary of Downton Abbey. Elegant, refined, stubborn, strong, beautiful, tragic.

Source: woman&home
source: fanpop
source: thehollywoodsew
source: beautycollection



source: digitalspy
source: digitalspy

Her real life seems to be a little less severe, however.

She would define her own style as classic and understated, but I also love the quirkiness (as evidenced by her cutesie sweaters above) and the bright pop of color and wild textures. While she has that fun twist to her fashion choices, she's always elegant.

source: nylonmag

source: exileorexhibit
source: instyle

source: redcarpet-fashionawards

source: exileorexhibit

source: fashiondailymag
source: exileorexhibit





source: exileorexhibit


What do you think of lady Dockery's style?
And furthermore, who's your style crush of today?
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment